How to open a CSV file
Sometimes, the CSV file opens up all the data as text and displays it in the first column in MS excel. It is easy to fix this issue.
There are 3 ways to open the file in proper format, you can try any of these.
Using Get Data in MS Excel
- Open a new Excel spreadsheet
- Select Data > Get Data > From File > From Text/CSV.
- In the Comma-Separated Values Browse dialog box, browse for or type a path to the file that you want to query.
- Select Open.
This should open the file in proper format.
For more detailed coverage, see Import or export text (.txt or .csv) files.
Using Google Spreadsheets
1. Create a new Google Spreadsheet on Google Drive.
2. Go to File > Import > Upload
3. Upload the file you have exported from Sumtracker
This will open the file in proper format.
Using Text to Columns in MS Excel
Open the file downloaded from Sumtracker in MS Excel.
Then follow the steps listed on this page by Microsoft.
In Delimiters section of the Text to Columns Wizard, you have to select Comma.
After doing this, the data should be properly displayed in separate columns in excel.