BigCommerce: What information is stored from BigCommerce Products in Sumtracker
Product and Variants from BigCommerce are synced to Sumtracker within a few seconds as they are created or updated on BigCommerce.
Products BigCommerce must have a SKU, in order to sync to Sumtracker. If a Product has variants, then its variants must have the SKU.
On this page, we explain the fields we save from BigCommerce Listing to the Product in Sumtracker.
We save the
- Product name
- Variant name is constructed using options of the variant. The option values become the name of the variant.
- UPC in BigCommerce = Barcode in Sumtracker
- Categories in BigCommerce are saved as Tags in Sumtracker
- Inventory warning level in BigCommerce = Alert threshold in Sumtracker
- Cost Price in BigCommerce = Cost in Sumtracker
- Inventory tracking - if inventory tracking is off on Bigcommerce, the Product's 'Has inventory sync' property will be off in Sumtracker. This means that Sumtracker will not update inventory of this product on BigCommerce.
- If inventory tracking is only at product level, then all variants of the product will have same inventory
- If inventory tracking is on at variant level, inventory can be different for each variant
When any of these properties is changed on BigCommerce, it gets updated in Sumtracker instantly through webhooks.
A Product in Sumtracker has few other properties, like category, notes, purchase prices, etc that can be directly updated in Sumtracker.
Products are created based on unique SKU in products or variants on BigCommerce.
So if 2 or more products or variants have the same SKU on BigCommerce, we create 1 product in Sumtracker corresponding to the SKU.
As a result, any one of the name/image used in the Product/variant on BigCommerce will be shown as the name of the product in Sumtracker.
You can click on the Online Listings column in Product list in Sumtracker to see the Listings a product is linked to.